The construction of the new Twentieth Century Fox Theme Park in Genting Highland began immediately after the old Genting Outdoor Theme Park was closed on Sept 1, 2013.
The new Theme Park covers 10.12 hectares (25 acres) of land, featuring more than 25 rides from thrill rides, dark rides, water rides, to children’s rides, and movie-based attractions.
In addition the plan includes a dream parade, various retail outlets, and themed food & beverage outlets.
The proposed total number of rides / attractions of the new Theme Park:
- Blue Sky Carousel
- Sons of Anarchy
- Fox Theatre Experience
- Blue Sky Gliding
- Rio Carnival Chaos
- Wings Over Rio
- Battle for Moonhaven
- Mub & Grub’s Epic Boat Tours
- Scrat’s Nutty Adventure
- Expedition: Thin Ice
- Elle’s Mammoth Fun Park
- Sid’s Rock & Slide
- Deep Drill Tower
- Aliens Vs Predator
- Marine Boot Camp
- Flight Simulator
- Big Weld’s Mega Robot Park Zeppelin (Upper)
- Big Weld’s Mega Robot Park Crosstown Express (Lower)
- James Cameron’s Titanic
- Century Skyport
- Night at the Museum
- Lake Show Spectacular
- Planet of the Apes
The new theme park is expected to attract about 4 million visitors annually. The old outdoor theme park used to attract roughly 3 million visitors a year.
“People from around the world will gather here in Malaysia to become part of the story and to experience the magic and adventure of their favorite FOX properties.”, he continued.
Genting Malaysia recently issued RM2.4 billion in medium-term bond notes to raise working capital, part of which will be used to finance the Genting Highlands project.
The Genting Malaysia Bhd is investing
RM1 RM2 RM4 billion to build this new outdoor theme park, as part of its RM5 RM10.38 billion Genting Integrated Tourism Plan (GITP) plan. The new Twentieth Century Fox Theme Park is scheduled to open in 2016 2017 2020.
Twentieth Century Fox Theme Park Construction Photos
The following is a compilation of photos taken during the construction stage of the theme park.
Photos taken in 2019
Photos taken in 2018
Photos taken in 2017
The above 6 photos are taken by sofiRGB.
Photos taken in 2016
Photos taken in 2015
Photos taken in 2014
Photos taken in 2013
All photos are of credits from contributors at www.skyscrapercity.com.
- #1: TOP 10 in 2017 – SCM YouTube Videos
- #2: Genting Highlands, Malaysia – Progress Update – June 2018
- #3: Genting Highlands Theme Park – Progress – September 2019
- #4: Malaysia | Genting Highlands | Theme Park | Construction Update | 5 Dec 2018
- #5: Progress: Genting Highlands Outdoor Theme Park April 2019
- #6: New Theme Park (20th Century FOX World?) Construction Progress – Genting Highlands Malaysia
- #7: Genting Highlands Theme Park Completing Soon! – Progress Dec 2019